button googleplaybutton appstorebutton blackberry

 

facebooktwitter2linkedinyoutube

 

General news

Shatabdi on track for direct to train TV

Sports and entertainment shows will be watched by commuters on India’s Shatabdi trains, thanks to a new direct to home (DTH) satellite TV initiative by the railway operator.

The TV service will reportedly be provided on trains in Kalka Shatabdi, Lucknow Shatabdi, Amritsar Shatabdi, Bhopal Shatabdi, Dehradun Shatabdi, Ludhiana Shatabdi and Ajmer Shatabdi, free of cost to both travellers and the railway company.

"We have decided to install LCD screen behind each seat in nine Shatabdi trains and DTH service will be provided to these trains," Aswani Lohani, divisional railway manager of Delhi division, told the Press Trust of India (PTI).

The two agencies chosen to run the project for the next five years, Meghdoot Private Ltd and Media on Track, are to bear the cost of providing the service by generating advertising.

The revenue model adopted will see 75% of airtime given to television programming, with the remaining 25% given over to advertising.

"We will get one per cent of ad revenue from these two agencies, which will be about INR 1.5 crore a year," Lohani added.

Post your comments

    Most read news

    • Last 7 days
    • Last 30 days
    • Always
    Subhash Chandra, the chairman of Dish TV's parent company Essel Group, is looking to work with UAE authorities to stop residents...
    India's Information and Broadcasting ministry has asked the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) to come up with measures to...
    Indian direct to home (DTH) satellite TV operator Videocon d2h is adding Zee TV's high definition (HD) entertainment channel to its...
    A device to inject new life into the tablet industry in India has been launched by the Indian government at a subsidised price of just...
    Pay-TV channels are to be added to Arasu Cable TV’s free to air package, which was re-launched by Tamil Nadu Government earlier this...
    India's 9X Media is to launch a new 24 hour Marathi music channel called 9X Jhakaas on 31 October, in what is set to be the first of...

    etg120x60fbtv120x60fbt120x60pp120x60pp120x60