button googleplaybutton appstorebutton blackberry

 

facebooktwitter2linkedinyoutube

 

General news

Shemaroo looks to IPO for capital injection

Bollywood content company Shemaroo Entertainment is hoping to raise INR 1.15 billion from an initial public offering (IPO), having filed its draft red herring prospectus with the Securities and Exchange Board of India.

The IPO, which is predominantly to raise funds for working capital requirements, will be managed by Yes Bank and ICICI Securities, with Link Intime India acting as registrar.

The company, which has interests in content acquisition, value addition, content distribution, and film-based copyright, was established in 1962. It reportedly holds over 2,500 titles in its extensive video library, including Hindi films such as Ishqiya, Slumdog Millionaire, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani and Mughal-e-Azam, as well as regional language titles.

Content from the company is distributed for television via satellite, terrestrial and cable networks, as well as across new media platforms. Shemaroo manages 32 channels on YouTube, and provides content management for Airtel Digital TV's interactive devotional service; the South Asian content on UK IPTV service BT Vision; and Tata DOCOMO's 3G video platform.

The company reported a net profit of INR 136.2 million on a total income of INR 1.60 billion in the year ending 31 March 2011. Its profit after tax grew 4196.5% on 2010, and its consolidated total income rose by 54.52%. Its debts amount to INR 1.28 billion.

Promoters currently hold 90.14% of Shemaroo's shares, with the remaining 9.86% stake owned by corporate bodies.

Post your comments

    Most read news

    • Last 7 days
    • Last 30 days
    • Always
    Subhash Chandra, the chairman of Dish TV's parent company Essel Group, is looking to work with UAE authorities to stop residents...
    India's Information and Broadcasting ministry has asked the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) to come up with measures to...
    Indian direct to home (DTH) satellite TV operator Videocon d2h is adding Zee TV's high definition (HD) entertainment channel to its...
    A device to inject new life into the tablet industry in India has been launched by the Indian government at a subsidised price of just...
    Pay-TV channels are to be added to Arasu Cable TV’s free to air package, which was re-launched by Tamil Nadu Government earlier this...
    India's 9X Media is to launch a new 24 hour Marathi music channel called 9X Jhakaas on 31 October, in what is set to be the first of...

    etg120x60fbtv120x60fbt120x60pp120x60pp120x60